Pastors’ Reception is an informal time around a light meal to meet some of the leadership of Good Shepherd, hear about who we are, and ways you can make Good Shepherd home.
When: June 11, 2017
Time: 12:15 – 2:15 pm
Where: Choir Room
Please RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the church office (503) 663-5050.
Our desire is that you would feel completely comfortable when you visit Good Shepherd Community Church. Below are some answers to frequently asked questions that we hope will be helpful. Don’t hesitate to contact us or stop by our Welcome Center when you visit.
How do I get to Good Shepherd?
- Our Address: 28986 SE Haley Rd, Boring, OR 97009
- Use our Google Map for specific directions from your location.
- Good Shepherd Community Church is located just off Highway 26 between Gresham and Sandy.
- From Gresham: travel east on Burnside which becomes Highway 26. Turn right on Haley Road (blinking yellow light). Good Shepherd will be on your left.
- From Sandy: travel west on Highway 26. Turn left on Haley Road (blinking yellow light). Good Shepherd will be on your left.
Where should I park?
We have a fantastic Parking Crew who will direct you into the parking lot. If there is no available parking in front of the building, we have ample parking in the back. Just drive around the east side of the building and someone will direct you to a spot.
What should I wear?
You will see people in jeans , slacks and dresses (very seldom ties). In the summertime it’s not uncommon to see sandals and shorts. In other words, wear what makes you feel comfortable. We want the focus to be on quality worship rather than on what you’re wearing.
Which service should I go to?
We have five services with two venue styles. Generally both service have different speakers who follow the same series topic.
- South: Our South services meets in the South Auditorium. It has a contemporary blended style of music. From time to time we will feature choir and orchestra. South service is Saturday night @ 5pm and Sunday @ 9 & 10:45am.
- North: Our North service meets in our North Auditorium and has a modern style of worship in an intimate community atmosphere. North service is Saturday night @ 5pm and Sunday @ 10:45am.
Where do my children go?
Let a greeter or someone at the Welcome Center know that this is your first time and they will assist in getting someone to show you where our children’s classes are and help you get them checked in. For security purposes, you will receive a numbered card when you drop off your child. Only someone with this card can pick up your child at the end of their class.
Am I expected to put money in the offering?
Except for a special project or purpose, we do not pass offering plates at Good Shepherd Community Church. You will find offering boxes near all of the foyer entrances and in the back of the South and North Auditoriums. Visitors are not “expected” to put money in the offering box. (more on our philosophy of giving)
Is there special assistance for hearing problems?
Special hearing devices are available at the Welcome Center. These will allow you to control the volume so you can hear the service.