Christmas at Good Shepherd
December is upon us once again; the Christmas trees are decorated and lights strung. To help us engage the festive season, the GS team is inviting our church to have fun on the weekends!
- On December 8 & 9, be sure to wear your favorite Christmas sweater. We are celebrating with a Christmas cookie potluck. You are invited to bring in some Christmas cookies to share with everyone.
- On December 15 & 16, be sure to wear your favorite flannel shirt. Also, we are inviting you to bring in your favorite pie to share. We will have a pie potluck.
- December 22, 23 & 24, get the family ready for Christmas family photos. We have some of our best photographers ready to bless your family with Christmas pictures.
Throughout these next few weeks, we will be prayerfully considering a special offering for the Family Center, where we are coming alongside our parents to help our children be raised up in the ways of the Lord. The Family Center offering will begin on Saturday, December 15 and run to the end of the year.
Also, you can bring in an unwrapped gift (under $30) for the Rockwood Christmas Toy Store. This is a wonderful way to bless some of the kids in Davis Elementary School.
One on Ones
During December, I am hoping to connect with a number of you who might want to ask a question, share a thought or get to know each other better
A few initial time slots have been setup to allow for this time together. Please consider coming in to meet in person, or just giving me a call to talk.
- December 11 from 1pm till 5pm.
- December 12 from 8:30am till noon.
- December 19 from 8:30am till noon.
You can easily book an appointment online here: calendly.com/pastorbob
I’m heading into my sixteenth month here at Good Shepherd. If we have not had a chance to say hello, let’s be sure to do that soon.
Over these next three weeks, we will be studying 1 Thessalonians chapters 4 and 5. This is where the apostle Paul focuses on Jesus coming again. I’m looking forward to preaching for the next two weeks, and Ron Frost will be preaching on December 15 and 16. We will have a message from Luke 2 on the weekend of December 22 and 23.
We also have Christmas Eve services planned for Monday the 24th at 2pm, 3:30pm and 5pm. This is an incredible family tradition. We hope you’ll join us in inviting family and friends throughout December. This is one of the easiest invitations to church all year long. People are more open to trying church out more than ever in December.
A Warm Welcome
During December and January, you will see a difference in the lobby. One thing people have consistently asked for is a clearly marked welcome area for our guests. People who are trying Good Shepherd out for the first few times are not always sure where to go to meet people and get to know the church better. The elders, along with a staff and volunteer team, have been working together to dream and plan for this space. We pray that it will help many people who are beginning their journey to walk with Jesus at Good Shepherd.