Good Shepherd Podcast
Our desire is to continue building toward better and better communication.
With that in mind, we would like to introduce you to another medium of communication – the Good Shepherd Podcast.
We are hopeful this podcast will help our church body be better equipped to move forward together.
The best way to listen to the episode is through apps like Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or Overcast. You’ll be able to listen to past episodes and subscribe so you don’t miss future episodes. You’ll also be able to listen right here on the blog.
The Church on Mission
This is the first episode of the “new” Good Shepherd Podcast. Today’s subject is familiar in the business world but may not be as much in the church – mission statements. We discuss what a mission statement is and how important it is for a church to have.
We look at the issues that can come up when a church doesn’t have a mission statement and how to navigate developing a mission statement within your church. We also discuss the process Good Church went through to discover our mission statement and make it an integral part of our church.
- A mission statement is a directional statement of your goals and values as a congregation.
- Everyone needs a mission statement – a family, an individual, you need it as parents, as pastors, regardless of your career or education.
- A purpose statement extends and details the core mission statement.
- Without a clear mission statement, it’s easy for members to go in different directions without aligning on a single goal.
- Word choice for mission statements needs to be short and memorable.
- Defining what is meant by “mission”, “vision” and “values” is an integral process of developing a strong mission statement.
In This Episode
- What’s a mission statement and why a church needs one.
- How to process and developing a mission statement.
- What is the importance of keeping up a mission statement in the Church?
- “Every organization needs a mission statement, we all need to know at the core of who we are, what’s the one crystal clear idea of where we are heading and what we are about.”
- “Good Shepherd’s Mission Statement – Learning together to live like Christ while reaching out in his name.”
- “God doesn’t call us to only grow in him and grow together, but he calls us to go out and make more disciples.”
We want to encourage you to help participate with the podcast. As you have questions or ideas for future podcasts, let us know. If you have any questions about this episode or the show in general simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org