Today I’m chatting with Krisiti Knifong. Kristi is a long-time member at Good Shepherd and she is also the Local Outreach Administrator. We discuss what Kristi’s day-to-day activities look like in the role and how her position helps coordinate and lead Good Shepherd’s local outreach efforts.
One of the focuses of Kristi’s work is Rockwood – one of the poorest areas in Oregon. We discuss why the area of Rockwood was chosen as a focus and the initiatives Good Shepherd is taking. Kristi also shares stories showing the impact of outreach efforts in the Rockwood community.
- The Give 5 Challenge – created to help people find opportunities how to help and give five hours this summer.
- The Five Causes for Local Help: Love a Child, Love a School, Love the Lonely, Love the Hungry, and Love Rockwood.
In This Episode
- Why Rockwood became a focus of Good Shepherd outreach.
- What are the main goals of outreach in Rockwood?
- What are the tools needed for outreach?
- How can listeners pray for those working in Rockwood?